Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mid-Winter Egg Fest-Update

Options
JR
JR Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Following up on a few threads with details- The 2nd Annual Mid Winter Eggfest is scheduled for February 16, 11-4 at The Outdoor Cook, Rockford, MI. Besides great cooking demo's, there will be sales on several egg-cessories and other outdoor cooking products (details tba). The theme is "A Taste of Mexico", however it will probably be all over the board! (I do hope to make smoked ceviche..) We are also being blessed by the West Michigan Sausage Making Club who will be creating several specialty sausages to throw on the Eggs. [p]This is great fun, and a chance for mid-westerners to shake the frost from their brains. It's also an impressive statement about "egg power"....let it snow! Nothing takes place of food cooked over an open fire (or in an Egg!)

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    jr,[p]From Cleveland, I'm just a 5 hour drive from this event pending decent Winter road conditions. If the forecast looks good, I'll do my best to make an appearance. Besides, I have to make up with Julie.[p]Will cooking Eggs be available or should I bring my own? I will bring the chiminea in any event just to stay warm.[p]K~G[p]
  • KennyG,[p]We'll have to 3-4 large eggs and at least one small egg for folks to use...first come, first serve. For folks looking for a "deal" we will be offering a discount on new Eggs if they are interested in "burning them" that day.[p]Hope you can make it.[p]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    KennyG, Guest accomodations have not improved since the last time you were at our house, but you are welcome to stay with us. JCA