Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What all is everyone cooking for YardBird Day?

Options
DonDon
DonDon Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing the 1 Mad Max turkey but read on here the other day about someone that had pulled them at 120 internal and finished them off in a Fryer so trying that.
also doing a turkey in my Ronco Rotiseree with creole butter injector
Smoked Briskett with creole butter and Beef Broth mixed inject
Audoulli sausage dressing
giblet gravy
Paula Deans "her mamas fried corn"
home made yeast rolls
Double chocolate cheese cake with oreo cookies instead of graham crackers and a chocolate ganash (sp.)
Not sure what wifey's dong but I got that covered LOL[p]

Comments

• egger ave
    Options
    DonDon,
    I am smoking a 12lb bird and doing several low carb sides on the BGE as well. There are only 5 of us including 3 fur children. (3 dogs who love anything from the BGE).

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    eggerave,
    I invited my entire family. We didn't get the chance to have a renunion this year so I wanted to get everyone together for the holidays. We've got 23 i think counting kids and my some grandkids. HATE to admit it but got a 6 month old grand daughter at 43 years old aaahhhhh makes me feel OLD LOL

• Rockporter
    Options
    eggerave,[p]1 - 18 pound turkey on the BGE using Mad Max method.[p]1 - 13 pound turkey injected and deep fried. [p]15 people (family and friends) and my thinks we may need more. [p]Have a great day.
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    DonDon,[p]Beanie-Weenie's food of the GODS.[p]Mike
  • Metalhead
    Options
    DonDon,
    A Purdue oven stuffer chicken, green beans from the neighbors garden, partially homemade stuffing and a
    sweet potatoe bake w/ginger cookie and pecan topping.[p]Don't really care too much for gingerbread cookies, but
    on the top of some yams.....WOW[p]
    happy gobble gobble day[p]Jan