Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

shrimp & fish recipes

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am the new owner of a new small green egg and am looking for a simple recipe for fish and shrimp. Please advise.

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Gerard,
    Welcome to the house of good eats. Click on the link below and scroll down to the Seafood section.[p]Or copy and paste this into your address bar if you want a few more.[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/seafood/index.htm[p]Enjoy,
    Jethro

[ul][li]BGE Seafood Recipes[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gerard,
    We do fish a lot. Lots of recipes around for Salmon, but for white fleshed fish, I like to make up a paste with mustard, lime juice, peanut oil, a bit of soy sauce, or maybe some citrus splash salad dressing, and some spices (a good seafood rub, lemon pepper, cajun seasonings, or whatever hits my fancy). Let sit for maybe 30 minutes, and grill for just a few minutes a side at 500-600 on the small.[p]To keep the fish from falling apart, I like to do the flip after 2 minutes on side one. This way, it is less than half cooked, and holds together better for the flip. Also use plenty of oil in your paste...that helps too.[p]Just one idea![p]Congrats on the new cooker, Gerard! You were cookerless a few months ago, now it sounds like you are ready to roll! 3 cookers now??[p]Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Gerard,[p]Here's a grilled shrimp recipe that I posted on Ray Basso's forum a few years ago. It has gotten me a bunch of compliments from all over the world. Also, it has been suggested that the amount of honey be doubled or tripled.[p]K~G

[ul][li]grilled shrimp[/ul]
  • "Congrats on the new cooker, Gerard! You were cookerless a few months ago, now it sounds like you are ready to roll! 3 cookers now??"[p]There must now be two Gerards! (That's the first time I recall that happening in my 42 years) Unfortunately this Gerard has no new minis in his cooking arsenal.[p]With all the hijinx over here lately, seeing my name as a poster really spooked me. I was glad to see that it was a legitimate post.[p]Gerard Clarke
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gerard,
    Sorry. yes there is another Gerard who posts here sometimes, and was at the Eggtoberfest last year.[p]The recipe should work for you too though!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ