Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How 'bout a nice BGE Forum welcome...

AndyR
AndyR Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...for my brother Chris. Chris is now an owner of a Big Green Egg. I saw an advertisement in Saturday's paper for the "12 lb Turkey size" egg for $169.00. In a hurry, I called Chris to let him know about this great deal for a medium egg. His next phone call, from the BGE store, was to tell me the small was the one on sale, not the medium. We hang up, he calls back a half hour later telling me I owe him $700. Hope you like the large, Chris.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Andy:[p]Well, If Chris gets that $700.00 out of you maybe I can get that tape you stole out of my top drawer back? Good luck Chris . . . Good cooking too![p]Those "Danish" ribs I told you about were actually spares from a starved pig. Cooked direct at 200º on the top rack of the "K" for four and one half hours. Very good eating. It is a good sign when The Princess puts in her request!

• AndyR
    djm5x9,
    Good to hear. I've got "Fat Man" warming up for a pizza and calzones. Made the dough in the bread maker for the first time. We'll see if it makes a difference. About that tape measure, I dont know what you're talking about.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    AndyR, I don't know if you were around a few years ago when this happened - My mother came to visit (for the third time in 15 years). She asked if we were planning to cook "on one of those green bombs". We decided to call them Fat Man & Little Boy. Oppie would be pleased.... JCA

• AndyR
    J Appledog,[p]That's funny, I call mine the same thing. I've got a large blue and a medium green egg. On day when cooking a butt, I had all these braided wire lines and probes sticking out of them. It reminded me of some type of nuclear bomb. The names Fat Man and Little Boy seamed appropriate.