Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffing for ABT's????

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking various items on the BGE tomorrow for 10 guests. One of the items will be ABT's. Two of my guests love jalapenos but not creamed cheese or any cheese for that matter. What are some other items I can use to stuff a few of the ABT's?[p]The others will be stuffed with cream cheese & peach salsa and wrapped in bacon.[p]Any suggestions are appreciated.[p]Kim Youngblood
(aka vidalia1)

Comments

• GrillGurl
    Options
    vidalia1,[p]Hey Kim, I think just plain old pulled pork is a great option.[p]BTW, I'm still trying to find out which stain we used on the table (we threw away the can after we were done) but I haven't forgotten you!!!! :>)[p]Cheryl J.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    vidalia1,
    cream cheese and peach salsa sounds delish!![p]
    make sure to take pics i made some with shrimp on the small last summer
    DSCN0038.jpg[p]they were pretty good.[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1,[p]As our co-egger Egret uses. LIL Smokies cocktail weiners, salsa sounds great with these.[p]Could stuff dill pickles in them.[p]Add some crab meat also.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    GrillGurl,[p]No problem Cheryl. One of the guys coming over this weekend is the person who is going to build my table for me. He is going to design it this weekend and put together a materials list. Then I will get the materials and he will come over in January and build it. All I have to pay him with is food & beer....gotta love it...[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi vidalia1,
    I use combinations of Canadian Bacon (see Dizzy Pig) or home made sausage or prociutto and available cheese (no cheese whiz for me)wrapped in bacon or prociutto.
    Pack your favorite stuff in dem puppies & enjoy.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• The Virginian
    Options
    vidalia1,
    If no cheese, you need something creamy in there. I have not tried this, but maybe creamy cooked grits, combined with bits of country ham? I think I just invented the breakfast ABT! [p]Brett

• vidalia1
    Options
    the Virginian,[p]Wow that does sound good....I will try that in the near (tomorrow AM) future.....[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)[p]

• vidalia1
    Options
    BENTE,[p]The Peach salsa with cream cheese was a big hit. It had a little sweet to go with the hot of the pepper...yumm[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    vidalia1,[p]The next time we make tacos I plan to keep some seasoned meat extra for the next ABT cook. I want to mix it with the cream cheese but you coul dstuff it full of ground beef or maybe even mix it with some bread crumbs, or maybe some of those thin strips of tortilla, Ruby Tuesday makes a tortilla soup with them and they get just a little bit soft so they don't stab you in the soup, that might be good too. I also have started brushing a little bit of bbq sauce on the bacon when there's about 10 min left for their cook.
  • vidalia1, try a few with the LIL smokies and cream cheese, but add some jelly. I got this form Icemncmth. I didn't tell him this, but it sounded yicko: they, are however, very good and have been a real hit ("please, sir...can we have some more?!!). Everyone wants them this way, now.
    P.S. I'm not that wild about cream cheese, myself, but good is good.

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    vidalia1,
    try using fillings you would put in a quiche. Maybe some fried bacon and onion mixture, some diced chicken with little brocolli florets, or some diced salmon with wild mushrooms etc.
    Then pour over a quiche custard (i.e. cream, egg yolk, a little mustard, S & P,) and cook until just set.