Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any twist on Spatchcock Chicken?

ConundrumConundrum Posts: 65
edited 2:04AM in EggHead Forum
Doing a spatchcock tonight and was wondering if anyone has a good twist or variation. This is one of our favorite ways to cook a chicken, just looking for a little variety.[p]Thanks in advance.
Reed

·

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 297
    Conundrum,
    Not too many ways to vary a spatchcock. I did one last night using Dr. BBQ's Big Time Rub and 1 piece of guava wood for smoke. Very good.

·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Conundrum,
    That is kind of like trying to improve on the wheel.Your only option would be what color do I paint it.(Spices,rubs etc.)

·
  • billtbillt Posts: 225
    Conundrum,
    put some bacon on it. bacon makes everthing better.
    bill

·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Conundrum,
    I make a four legged spatchcocked chicken that smiles at you!
    DSCI0005-8.jpg

·
  • bill,
    Truer words were never spoken...[p]

·
  • Conundrum,
    Check out this post I did last month

[ul][li]Spatchcock Chickey post[/ul]
    ·