Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hardware for raised grid

smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
edited 8:37PM in EggHead Forum
I would like to construct a raised grid for my medium. Anyone have any suggestions on hardware (type/size) and what to use for the second grid?

• Smalljaws, maybe this will help if the URL works.

• Smalljaws,
    I've got information on that in my ceramic FAQ. I don't think I have the length of the bolts I used, but it is pretty simple to measure what you need. I don't think it is absolutely necessary to use stainless since the hardware shouldn't be exposed to temps high enough to cause the zinc in the galvinized coating to offgas, but if you want to be dead cert, you can use stainless bolts and nuts and washers. [p]If you are going to raise the grid to the level of the opening, you can just use another BGE grid. Good luck![p]TNW

[ul][li]Raised Grids[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz