Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What about Woosday?

Options
duckegg
duckegg Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BeefStew-1.jpg
<p />This is five quarts of beef stew I did yesterday. I let it simmer for about 5 hours, almost ran out of lump. I would close the bottom vent when searing the beef next time.

Comments

• ArtieQ
    ArtieQ Posts: 65
    Options
    duckegg,
    That looks great. (I think we had the same idea about Woosday!!)

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    duckegg,
    Not stew but I cooked a couple of these yesterday.[p]picnicshoulders.jpg

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    duckegg,[p]Nice lookin stew! On Sunday I found a lovely Tri-Tip at Costco - something my local store normally doesn't have. I seared at 650 for 2 minutes a side and roasted at ~450 until 130 internal. It so happens that the roasting time coincided with the time to cook some brussel sprouts that had been treated with EVOO and DP Shakin the Tree. The roasting stage was a two stage cook - hard to see the Tri-Tip below the sprouts. I know Mad Max will be salivating over the home grown sprouts from my brother's garden in Topeka KS.
    BGE001-1.jpg
    BGE003-1.jpg
    The two big stalks of sprouts made for an interesting carry on bag for my flight home from Kansas.[p]Happy Woosday

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning duckegg:[p]Here is the stew/casserole I did yesterday. The link below will take you to the recipe.[p]PB120004.jpg[p]
    PB120006.jpg[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

[ul][li]Beef Vegetable & Biscuit Casserole[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Options
    That beef stew looks awesome! Could you share your recipe?
  • duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    Tractor,
    The nice thing about beef stew is that you can add anything you want to the beef.[p]For this one I cut the beef into 1 1/4 inch cubes, almost any cut of beef is okay, get what is on sale. Brown them up in a little at a time in the a DO with a little oil over hot coals tuning frequintly. put browned pieces aside in a bowl.
    If fire gets too hot close down bottom vent. Ad either water, or chicken or beef stock and with a wooden spoon deglaze the bottom of the DO get all that good stuff of the bottom. Ad the browned beef, cubed up potatoes, onions, tunip, ocra and carots to your liking and simmer till the carrots and tunips are tender. the beef will be fork tender by then.[p]Make sure you start with a full firebox, the beef searing stage can burn a lot of lump.[p]Eat