Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"nothin but turkey" turkey breast

turkeybreast-016.jpg
<p />no injection
no brine
this turkey breast
was mighty fine[p]nothin but salt & pepper
and cherry chips for smoke[p]turkeybreast-009.jpg[p]turkeybreast-015.jpg[p]raise yer hand if you think this was juicy!

·

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 297
    Qoute: Rick's Tropical Delight,
    "raise yer hand if you think this was juicy! "
    I'd have replied quicker but my hands were up in the air. Looks great!

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]My hand is up. And my hat is off. Thanks for some wonderful shots. [p]Now I really need you to work on the Smell-O-Link. [p]Mike
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]no injection
    no brine
    this turkey breast
    was mighty fine[p]nothin but salt & pepper
    and cherry chips for smoke

a breast fit for a king
    and that is no joke[p]Hey Rick,[p]Your a poet and you don't even know it. Heheeeee[p]
    ~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Two hands raised here. That looks might fine.[p]TRex
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    You need to come to Atlanta so I can recruit you onto Team Bobby-Q as the brisket slicer.[p]Awesome looking shots.

·
  • GolfnutGolfnut Posts: 135
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Hard to beat salt and pepper. Although if you have some lousy meat cover up the taste with whatever...:-)

·
  • Gadgetman,
    truth be known, i also basted once with melted butter. forgot about that, but it didn't fit in the poem anyway.

·
  • thirdeye,
    i almost completed that with a joke line![p]man, that was a good breast. when i put the first cut to it along the bottom, juice squirted out.[p]guess what's for lunch all week

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    looks like my dinner from last night. Look's fantastic! And seriously, that is identical to what I had last night, and will be having again tomm.[p]phillip

·
  • Bobby-Q,
    thanks, mon!
    you know, that turkey taste even better than it looks[p]sounds great, when do we start.[p]one of these days, you'll be competing against team Rick's Tropical Delight! heheh

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Oh, yeah! Lookin' great -- Unfortunately, my computer handles only visuals... no "nasals" or "tastels"[p]~ B

·
    I don't know who lives with you, but whoever it is (or they are), they are some of the luckiest eaters on the planet! I always look for your posts and the incredible pics you share.

·
  • jackrob3,
    no one lives with me... but i'm looking for a dishwasher![p]the neighbors are glad i'm their neighbor though

·
    I bet they are! I'd be happy to help with the dishes -- next time you bring food in off the egg let me know and I'll be there to help clean off your cutting board!

·
  • Ok. Looks yummy. What are we looking at for time, temp, and set up. I have been requested to bring a breast to t'giving dinner.
    ·
  • Rick I am a dealer in Tn and I have a lot of people asking how to cook a turkey breast. Your turkey breast looks like it was really cook good. Would you be so kind to tell me the degree and time for a breast by pound to cook?
    ·
  • I want to cook two (6 lb) skin-on turkey breasts. I was told to cook them at 350 degrees at 15 min per pound... If I cook two at the same time do I figure 15 min times 6 pounds or 15 min times 12 pounds?
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    per 6..
    ·