Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

hot jerked legs and butternut

edited 10:58AM in EggHead Forum
<p />hotjerklegs-008.jpg[p]hotjerklegs-011.jpg[p]hotjerklegs-016.jpg[p]hot jamaican jerk seasoning from pussers mixed with olive oil then marinated legs for 2 hours, then 2 hours on the egg total at 250 for 1 hour, 350 for about 30 minutes, and 400 for about 30 minutes with maple chips in the beginning.[p]squash has a tablespoon of butter and 1/4 c of light brown sugar in each half at the end of 1.5 hours at 250 for 1 hour and 350 for 30 minutes.

• Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]

• Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Wow.....looks great.
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    You can drop off a drum for taste testing on your way to work tomorrow :?)[p]H

• dhuffjr,
    veterans day tomorrow :}

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    let me understand this, you had the drumsticks hanging there direct for a total of 3 1/2 hours and they weren't over done? .... WOW. ... [p]they do look great, but that just sounds like an awfully long time to me ...i want to make sure i'm not missing something

• 2 hours total, max.
    1 hour smoked at 250
    30 at 350
    30 at 400[p]trying to get the skin right

ahhh, i just went back and realized i read it wrong. ..that makes a whole lot more sense .... they do look good.. . . thanks for setting me straight. ..

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    it could have been clearer er.[p]anyway, the skin could have been crispier too.[p]but the squash! holy toledo!

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Try doing them direct on a raised grid at 350 for about an hour and a half until 200 internal. The skin is great. -RP

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Angela was just asking if the kids had school. I told her that only folks that work at the post office don't work tomorrow.......gotta add to that list now LOL[p]H

looks awesome. What's pussers?