Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

TampaQ
TampaQ Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
5.5 lb turkey breast. Going to cook tomorrow no chance to brine. any advice? have plenty of rubs....[p]time, smoke, etc...[p]any help? thanks. Chris

Comments

• Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    TampaQ,
    Here is how i did mine a few days back:[p]3-9 lbs turkey breast, thawed [p]1/4 cup parsley, coarsly chopped [p]2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme,oregano and morjoram [p]2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese [p]1 teaspoon olive oil [p]1/2 teaspoon lemon juice [p]1/2 teaspoon salt [p]1/4 teaspoon garlic powder [p]1/4 ground black pepper [p] vegetable oil
    1. heat BGE to 300 - 375 degrees.
    2. Combine parsley, herbs, cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl.
    3. Gently loosen skin from the breast.
    4. Spread the herb mixture evenly over the meat, under the skin.
    5. Replace skin over the herbs.
    6. Brush skin with vegetable oil.
    7. Cook breast until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 170 degrees and juices run clear. [p]

• TampaQ
    TampaQ Posts: 40
    Beast,
    Thanks, will use you advice. Any smoke? [p]I will probably use a little fruit wood chips...not too much. [p]Time wise...average around 20 min a pound?

• Beast,[p]Hmmm looks delicious!!! [p]I like the idea of all those fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.[p]I am deficiently going to note this recipe as one to try. [p]I do a lot on turkey breasts as my family does not like dark meat.

• Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    TampaQ,
    It took mine a little over two hours to cook i didn't use any wood but i'll use apple on the next one that i will do either wednesday or thursday of next week