Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Egg

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I got my first BGE Large about 3 weeks ago. I have done cooked on about everything you can cook on and I must say Ive never cooked on anything like the Egg. I like the large one so much I went and got a small one yesterday to haul around on the camper when going to all the Bluegrass Festivals. Im about to go and try a steak on the small one now.

Comments

• Melvin Tucker,
    How exactly do you carry your small egg with your camper? Do you put it inside the camper or do you have some type of outside carrier? I have a medium egg that I would love to take with me camping, but I have a class B (van conversion) Pleasureway camper and the egg is to heavy/cumbersome to take inside the camper....not mentioning the room it would take up. I have a trailer hitch...wonder if there is an inexpensive way to carry one outise the camper without haveing to buy a small trailer??

• GenesGrill,
    I haven't carried it in the camper yet because I just got it yesterday. But, I pull a 5th wheel with a Ford F-350 Super duty, 4 door. To get it home I just put it in a seatbelt in the back seat. It worked real good. I didn't get the medium Egg because of its weight. About 100lbs and the small one is only 65 lbs. I can load and unload it by myself even with a bad back. A friend of mine just bought a medium Egg and he carries it inside his motor home. He said he was going to build a box type base with a hole in it so it would not turn over.

• Melvin Tucker,
    Well, I just tried the steaks on the new, little, BGE. I had a little trouble getting it up to the 600 + degrees for searing the steaks but I cooked them at 600 and they did fine. It didn't seem to get as hot as fast as the large Egg but again it doesn't hold as much charcoal and I only use one charcoal starter. I have found that if you use 2 to 3 starter squares it will get hotter faster and ready to cook sooner. I think I need to experiment with the amount and placement of the charcoal a little.

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    GenesGrill,
    I carry a small with me regularly on camping trips. I built an "egg transporter." You can find the plans on WessB's website. HTH
    Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Melvin Tucker,[p]Welcome. Take a look at this site if you haven't already. It should be helpful for all your EGG needs.[p]Good Eatin[p]Mike

[ul][li]Naked Whiz[/ul]