Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy Egg

edited 11:40PM in EggHead Forum
Well, I got my first BGE Large about 3 weeks ago. I have done cooked on about everything you can cook on and I must say Ive never cooked on anything like the Egg. I like the large one so much I went and got a small one yesterday to haul around on the camper when going to all the Bluegrass Festivals. Im about to go and try a steak on the small one now.
·

Comments

• Melvin Tucker,
    How exactly do you carry your small egg with your camper? Do you put it inside the camper or do you have some type of outside carrier? I have a medium egg that I would love to take with me camping, but I have a class B (van conversion) Pleasureway camper and the egg is to heavy/cumbersome to take inside the camper....not mentioning the room it would take up. I have a trailer hitch...wonder if there is an inexpensive way to carry one outise the camper without haveing to buy a small trailer??

·
  • GenesGrill,
    I haven't carried it in the camper yet because I just got it yesterday. But, I pull a 5th wheel with a Ford F-350 Super duty, 4 door. To get it home I just put it in a seatbelt in the back seat. It worked real good. I didn't get the medium Egg because of its weight. About 100lbs and the small one is only 65 lbs. I can load and unload it by myself even with a bad back. A friend of mine just bought a medium Egg and he carries it inside his motor home. He said he was going to build a box type base with a hole in it so it would not turn over.

·
  • Melvin Tucker,
    Well, I just tried the steaks on the new, little, BGE. I had a little trouble getting it up to the 600 + degrees for searing the steaks but I cooked them at 600 and they did fine. It didn't seem to get as hot as fast as the large Egg but again it doesn't hold as much charcoal and I only use one charcoal starter. I have found that if you use 2 to 3 starter squares it will get hotter faster and ready to cook sooner. I think I need to experiment with the amount and placement of the charcoal a little.

·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    GenesGrill,
    I carry a small with me regularly on camping trips. I built an "egg transporter." You can find the plans on WessB's website. HTH
    Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • Melvin Tucker,[p]Welcome. Take a look at this site if you haven't already. It should be helpful for all your EGG needs.[p]Good Eatin[p]Mike

[ul][li]Naked Whiz[/ul]
    ·