Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork loin is gonna be late

orion11orion11 Posts: 140
edited 8:20PM in EggHead Forum
Man, am I an idiot. I puttsed around til about 4 o'clock to start the fire, got it going, threw on the pork roast and it took FOREVER to get up to 350 after putting in the plate setter, rack, roast....you would think an old guy would know better. Oh well, momma's gonna have to wait for a late dinner tonight.
·

Comments

• 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    orion11, At 350 it shouldn't take much more than an hour to get to 145-150
    gerry

·
  • orion11orion11 Posts: 140
    61 CHEV,
    I hope so, my main problem was getting it up to 350 after adding everything to the preheated egg. Lesson learned, start a little earlier......

·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    orion11,
    If you've got some time to kill, just break out some wine and put on some soft music. Give her a predinner dance in the living room. She won't even know that's it's running late, heck she'll be hoping for it!

·