Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Loin on, what temp to pull please?

orion11orion11 Posts: 140
edited 6:18PM in EggHead Forum
Trying the stuffed pork loin thing, topped with bacon, this evening and am wondering what temp I should pull it off at so it is not turned to dust, per the FDA recommended temps. Those clowns quote 170 degrees or some insane number, would like to have it nice and juicey obviously. Geez, must be almost 90 out there and this is November.........gotta hate Phoenix sometimes.

• orion11,
    I usually pull mine at 145-150 and let sit for about 10-15 min. Make sure you get the meat temp and not the stuffing temp.

• orion11orion11 Posts: 140
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    Sounds good, I will use the ole Thermopen and do a good probing. Thanks mucho!!

• orion11,
    you got mail