Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Duth Oven for a Medium

schwatkschwatk Posts: 11
edited 5:28PM in EggHead Forum
I have a medium BGE and would like to get a Dutch Oven for it.
I was looking at the Lodge ovens. Which size oven would be best for a mediun BGE?[p]Thanks for the help![p]Joe

• Alpine Angler,
    I use a five quart dutch oven in my medium egg with no problems....holds a lot of soup, stew, etc. A seven quart would also probably fit but is more expensive. A five quart will probably cost $40-50.....

• GenesGrill,[p]Somebody posted a week or two ago about e-bay or one of the others having them on sale and free shipping.[p]Steve

Caledon, ON

• Alpine Angler,[p]Here's how it looks on a medium egg. Lodge 5 qt. is a good fit.[p]cid_E7B2A833E0B94F13A093DD5E2224-1.jpg
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Alpine Angler,
    I don't own this brand but in searching, the prices look reasonable. Search all the pages and see what trips your trigger. I also saw a enameled cast iron at a fraction of the big name prices. I think you can fit a 7 qt. in the medium. I can fit a 5 qt. in my small.

[ul][li]Cajun Cookware[/ul]
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,362
    DynaGreaseball, Oh boy, an offering of that delicious-lookin' cook along with a few brews could sure wash down a heap of trail dust! 8 - )[p]Rascal

• Rascal,[p]Thanks. Those are Calico Beans, and a cold Stella is a perfect companion. Took care of almost all my trail dust![p][p]
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Alpine Angler,
    I just saw a Lodge enamel covered cast iron ducth oven at Wally World. They had all different sizes. Good luck, Tom

• Alpine Angler,
    If you have a Harbor Freight store around you they have a decent selection of cast. i use a 12" and 14" on my medium

• TractorTractor Posts: 287
    I heard Ace Hardware is having a 20% off sale today that covers the whole store. I've heard they sell dutch ovens, so that may be worth a try.[p]Also, I just bought a 5 qt Lodge last week. It fits great on my medium. I was worried that 5 qts would not be big enough. Trust me, it holds a LOT of beans or soup.[p]Good luck.