Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Duth Oven for a Medium

schwatkschwatk Posts: 11
edited 11:39PM in EggHead Forum
I have a medium BGE and would like to get a Dutch Oven for it.
I was looking at the Lodge ovens. Which size oven would be best for a mediun BGE?[p]Thanks for the help![p]Joe

·

Comments

• Alpine Angler,
    I use a five quart dutch oven in my medium egg with no problems....holds a lot of soup, stew, etc. A seven quart would also probably fit but is more expensive. A five quart will probably cost $40-50.....

·
  • GenesGrill,[p]Somebody posted a week or two ago about e-bay or one of the others having them on sale and free shipping.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Alpine Angler,[p]Here's how it looks on a medium egg. Lodge 5 qt. is a good fit.[p]cid_E7B2A833E0B94F13A093DD5E2224-1.jpg
    ·
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Alpine Angler,
    I don't own this brand but in searching, the prices look reasonable. Search all the pages and see what trips your trigger. I also saw a enameled cast iron at a fraction of the big name prices. I think you can fit a 7 qt. in the medium. I can fit a 5 qt. in my small.
    Bob

[ul][li]Cajun Cookware[/ul]
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    DynaGreaseball, Oh boy, an offering of that delicious-lookin' cook along with a few brews could sure wash down a heap of trail dust! 8 - )[p]Rascal

·
  • Rascal,[p]Thanks. Those are Calico Beans, and a cold Stella is a perfect companion. Took care of almost all my trail dust![p][p]
    ·
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Alpine Angler,
    I just saw a Lodge enamel covered cast iron ducth oven at Wally World. They had all different sizes. Good luck, Tom

·
  • Alpine Angler,
    If you have a Harbor Freight store around you they have a decent selection of cast. i use a 12" and 14" on my medium

·
  • TractorTractor Posts: 283
    I heard Ace Hardware is having a 20% off sale today that covers the whole store. I've heard they sell dutch ovens, so that may be worth a try.[p]Also, I just bought a 5 qt Lodge last week. It fits great on my medium. I was worried that 5 qts would not be big enough. Trust me, it holds a LOT of beans or soup.[p]Good luck.
    ·