Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatties?

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love cooking Fatties and I will be doing 4 tonight for a weekend camping trip. I usually coat with mustard and put various rubs on them. My question: have any of you stuffed fatties and if so what do you stuff them with. Any recipes would be great. [p]As usual I appreciate the information I gain from this group.[p]Kim Youngblood
(aka vidalia1)

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Options
    vidalia1,
    Almost anything you can think of has been tried by someone on here. Onions, sweet & hot peppers, cheese, ect. Just cut the roll in half, stuff it the put it back together. Wrap it in saran to remold it back into a roll shape. Enjoy!!
    Tom

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    brethren-003-wordpress.JPG
    <p />vidalia1,[p]You have to check out this fatty Plowboy made..... #12 of sausage and it's stuffed too.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]#12 Fatty[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    P5250026.jpg
    <p />vidalia1,[p]This is stuffed with gorgonzolla!
    P5250027.jpg
    [p]Smokey
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    vidalia1,
    Kim, anything goes. try some green peppers ,your favorite cheese, kalamada olives, jalopenos, salami,etc.. It's what ever you like! That way you can't go wrong! I also mustard the outside and then add rub. Enjoy and take plenty of pics!

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    FutureFattie.jpg
    <p />vidalia1,
    We preffer the roll up method, here is one that got away from us a bit. You can stuff them with about anything and they are still good.

• Tiz
    Tiz Posts: 6
    Options
    vidalia1,
    Did one by mixing DP Red Eye Express in with cream cheese and did it jelly roll style using a breakfast sausage. The cheese burst out during the cook, but didn't loose too much. Also did one with Italian sausage. Spread some mozeralla, red and green peppers along it and jelly rolled it also.

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    vidalia1,
    i agree with duck egg!! the rolled method is what i have done the most with here is some with caramelized onion and peppers with tsunami spin inside and out
    101_0422.jpg[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    vidalia1, missed your post earlier. 4 hard boiled eggs inside, dusted with DP Red Eye Express. Serve w/ Hot Sauce on the side, best scotch eggs south of Kittrel NC.
    Joe