Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EasyMeatloaf recipe please

HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My search did not find what Im looking for. An easy meatloaf recipe please.

Comments

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    HungryMan,[p]This one is awesome.[p]Combine:
    1/4 cup steak sauce or ketchup
    1# hamburger
    1# ground turkey
    1 pkg Onion soup mix
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    2 eggs[p]
    Put in loaf pan, cover with kethup or BBQ sauce. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

• HungryMan
    Rick G,
    Thats easy. I'll try it tomorrow.
    Thank You

• I have dome this meatloaf for years and it is great[p]3 lbs ground beef
    1 large onion chopped
    1/2 bell pepper chopped
    5 jalapenos chopped fine seeded and depulped
    3 eggs
    3/4 cup bread crumbs
    about 3/4 cup ketchup[p]Mix all ingredients and form into a loaf shape
    cook on BGE at 350 till it gets to 160 when it gets to 135 or 140 apply glaze liberally to the top[p]Glaze
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup Brown sugar
    2 tbs. vinegar[p]outstanding[p][p]

• HungryMan
    Mega Egga,
    That looks good also. You don't use a meatloaf pan. What do you put it on?

• HungryMan,
    Honestly I didn't see your post, and I was just looking at submitted recipes for meatloaf myself. The one I was looking for wasn't there either. There was a guy at Midwest Eggfest, I think his name is Dustin, he made a meatloaf, stuffed with some cheese and bell peppers I think. That is what I'm craving.....some comfort food.
    Anyone have a recipe with cheese in meatloaf?[p]Kim

• HungryMan
    Desert Filly,
    I like the one with onion and green pepper. I wanted to try something I have not cooked yet. Cheese sounds good also. Keep and eye out for a package. I sent it priority. It is 2 to 3 days max.
    Al

• HungryMan,
    I've been informed that something is coming. If it gets here in time, we will wear them proudly. I'm not sure how this KCBS works....are they as friendly as our BGE Family?
    Thanks for the rush.[p]Kim

• HungryMan
    Desert Filly,
    I have no clue how friendly they are. I can tell you that you will be the best dressed. You and Randy will get comments on the shirts I bet.

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    HungryMan,
    There is a wire pan shaped like a bread loaf pan on the wire for less than $15.[p]I cook mine on a perforated wok or a flat, perforated griddle.[p]You need the exposure to get the smoke to the meatloaf.[p]Smoking a meatloag gives it a taste unlike an oven cooked one. It even has a smoke ring.[p]

• HungryMan
    Nessmuk,
    I will give it a try on a v-rack that I have. It should work good.
    Thinks

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    HungryMan,
    There are a multitude of meatloaf recipes. Try many to find the one that suits your family.[p]The experiment is similar to the filling for a crown pork roast. We tried many & selected hot, Italian sausage.[p]The varieties in cooking techinique & recipes is what makes smoking an interesting & exciting way to cook.[p]There is no best way or best recipe.[p]

• HungryMan, you want easy or GOOD?
    Ain’t Momma’s Meat Loaf
    By Scott Borders (Borders)
    This meat loaf is an all time favorite at the Borders' house. The recipe I used at the Florida Egg Fest
    comes from the book "Smoke & Spice" by Jamison, with a few small modifications. If you're
    going to do this, I suggest you make 2 or 3 loafs, and "food saver" slices for later use.
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup minced onion
    1/2 yellow bell pepper--or any color, finely chopped
    3 garlic cloves minced
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
    3/4 pounds ground pork
    1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
    3 tablespoons sour cream
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 large egg
    1/4 cup beef stock
    2 teaspoons Tabasco
    1. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, garlic, pepper, salt and cumin in the oil 'til the onions and bell
    pepper are soft.
    2. Pour the vegetable/spice mixture into a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix
    thoroughly with your hands.
    3. Place in a greased loaf plan, and chill.
    The Cook:
    Heat your Egg to 250 dome, with an indirect set up. Add a small handful of Mesquite chips and put
    loaves on for 1 hour.
    After cooking in the loaf pan for one hour, the loaf should be firmed up. Take the pan out, pour off
    the liquid, and carefully take loaf out of pan. Place loaf back in Egg, and cook until internal temp of
    165-170. This usually takes about 2 1/2 hours.
    From time to time, I'll add more chips when I take the loaf out of the pan to hit the newly exposed
    outside to some smoke. I did not do this at the Fest.

• HungryMan
    Scotty's Inferno,
    This is a great one to do when I have some time. I have it saved now. Let me and Jay know when your ready for lunch.

• HungryMan,
    Got an easy (and if I may say so, pretty good one) for ya.[p]The Spawn's Meatloaf[p]1 pound hammburger
    2-3 eggs
    1 1/2 cups dried italian bread crumbs
    1 choped onion
    ketchup on top (or in if so inclined) to taste.[p]Cook at 350 for 45 min, or until 180 internal temp.[p]-The Spawn

• HungryMan, I just put mine on a rack with the plate setter below and a drip pan under the rack. It splits some but that just makes more surface area for the glaze. I cooked 3 yesterday on the egg and they turned out great

• HungryMan
    The Spawn,
    Noted and saved. Oh, how bout the brownies?

• HungryMan
    mega Egga,
    Going to try to do it tomorrow. Thanks

• HungryMan,
    Sorry, no chance.[p]-The Spawn

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    HungryMan,[p]Better late than never....here's mine![p]One thing I've been doing lately, is instead of using breadcrumbs, I use oatmeal and it's turned out to be a very nice improvement.[p]Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]Cherry Smoked Meatloaf[/ul]
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    QBabe,[p]bread crumbs to oatmeal - measurement the same?
    cup for cup[p]thanks
    mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    mr toad,[p]Yep, same measurement. Instead of 1 cup breadcrumbs, I use 1 cup oatmeal. I use the Old Fashioned Quaker Quick Oats at home for breakfast, so that's what I toss into the meatloaf now, but I'm sure the regular ones would be fine too.[p]Missed seeing you this year at Eggtoberfest. Hopefully we'll be able to make it next year...[p]Enjoy,[p]Tonia
    :~)

• HungryMan
    QBabe,
    Thanks, Got that save now.