Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoor : Skewers , etc

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone fiddle around with Indian Tandoor cooking ? Suggestion on skewers , to use ? I have a medium size BGE

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    walkabout,[p]I do tandoori chicken all the time...[p]I just soak it overnight and then toss on the grill...no nead for skewers...
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    <a href=TandooriClose.jpg</a>">
    <p />walkabout,[p]I don't know enough about tandoors, but I've read they get to 600. Most of the chicken I've had from local Indian restaurants has enough blackened areas to make me believe they are doing the chicken at 600.[p]I've done tandoori chicken several times on my medium at 400, but run the heat up in the last 10 minutes. They turned out fine. Just a little blackened at the edges. The best were coated with an imported tandoori paste, marinated 24 hours, and left with a good coating of the yoghurt paste mix on when placed in the Egg.[p]Tandoori marinade also works well with rabbit. The marinade helps the meat be a little moister, and perks up the fairly bland flavor.[p]gdenby

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    walkabout,[p]There was a recent discussion on this, still at the bottom of this page.[p]Egg forum tandoor thread
  • icemncmth,[p]Glad to know that i don't need skewers . I'm really glad i bought my egg back in 2000. The heat that is require for tandoori is perfect. Now i have to figure out how to get the require temp.
  • ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Options
    walkabout,
    Have you tried the Penzey brand of Tandoori spices? I think they have 8 or 10 flavors.
    www.penzeys.com