Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dressing (Turkey)

Options
Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have read a lot of great posts on how to cook the best turkey now my thought is are they any recipes on how to make the best DRESSING..??? nothing like a good turkey and dressing Thanksgiving dinner ummmmmm....thanks in advance
Beast

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Beast,
    here is my favorite dressing recipe. . .my whole family loves it, and i won't make it any other way anymore. . .[p]Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    See this recipe on air Friday Nov. 19 at 11:00 AM ET/PT.
    Show: Everyday Italian[p]Episode: Italian Thanskgiving [p][p]6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
    8 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
    2 large onions, finely chopped
    2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
    3 celery stalks, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    3 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 (7.4-ounce) jars roasted peeled whole chestnuts, coarsely broken
    1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
    1 pound day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
    2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    1 cup (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 large eggs, beaten to blend
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Butter a 15 by 10 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a large bowl. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic. Saute until the onions are very tender, about 12 minutes. Gently stir in the chestnuts and parsley. Transfer the onion mixture to the large bowl with the pancetta. Add the bread and Parmesan and toss to coat. Add enough broth to the stuffing mixture to moisten. Season the stuffing, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mix in the eggs.
    Transfer the stuffing to the prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down, and bake until the stuffing is heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the top is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.[p]

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Alton Brown did something clever for dressing once. HE made his dressing stuffed it in a small food quality linen bag popped it in the microwave and heated it up to 200º or 300º then stuffed it into the turkey and finished it off. Don't have to wait for the stuffing to get hot doing it the old way and no worries about "bugs". It all made good sense. Planning on doing it that way for our next bird.