Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sausage making advice???

ShortRibShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to ask for a sausage stuffer this Christmas. Used the KA mixer last time we made sausages. Ground and stuffed with the attachment they offer. However, it took us 10 hours for about 15 lbs of meat. So this year, I am thinking of having my butcher grind it up for me, then stuffing it myself. Don't know if this is taking the easy road, but I don't want to purchase a grinder...at least not yet. So I am going to buy a sausage stuffer. The ones I looked at ranged from 5 lbs to 11 lbs and up. I am looking at the 5 lb vertical stuffer. Has anyone used this type before? Are they easy to work? Worth the cash? (roughly $125). Any recommendations on brands or styles?[p]Lastly, is getting the butcher to grind them up a wussy move?

Comments