Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 small butts (ping Beanie-Bean and EagerEgger) and toothpick idea

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, here are a couple of the CM butts that I finally got on the egg after meeting Beanie-Bean (pleasure meeting you!).[p]Toothpick ID trick
No toothpick = mine (John Henrys Mojave Garlic)
1 toothpick = neighbor one, Southside Season All
2 toothpicks = neighbor two, Mojave Garlic, plus some Cayenne (he licks it hot).[p]I'm trying something from a post I found on the web - injecting a mix of apple cider, apple juice, water, and rub. I injected them as much as I could.[p]They are on that silicone rack that I posted a picture of ealier this week. Hopefully clean-up will be a breeze..[p]20071103_16-20-01.jpg[p]20071103_16-42-29.jpg[p]-Jeeves

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Jeeves,[p]Nice looking prep there. Now I know what you're supposed to do with the extra food -- share it with your friends and neighbors! I recognize the silicone rack hidden in there, and have also picked up on the foil-around-the-probe trick you've got in place to save the wire.[p]It was great to finally meet you, and a big THANKS for the Dizzy Pig hookup. i did some burgers with the Dizzy Dust, and I really like the flavor.[p]-Mike[p]
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,[p]FYI, the BBQ Guru folks recommend that you NOT wrap the probe wires. This came directly from Steve at the Eggtoberfest.[p]I have never wrapped my probe wires. Yes, they get a little grungy - but they clean up just fine.
  • Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Fidel,
    Thanks - it's been pointed out to me before and the manual does mention something about wrapping them, but I think that is for 'cold-smoking'.[p]Anyone have any ideas on an alternative wrap?