Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new egg/busy day

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
newegg1.jpg
<p />Hi everyone,[p]Picked up a new egg last night (the one in the middle) to add to the arsenal. Right now I have venison and beef jerky on one and 6 nice trout fillets on the other one. When they are finished it will be almonds on one and cheese (using the mini for smoke) on the other. Pork tenderloins are for dinner. A lot of action for one day but how else can I make my wife understand why I needed another egg. Hopefully I'll have some photos of the finished products. Time to go taste some jerky, yee ha. Have a great day.[p]Chuch <><

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Chuck,
    Congratulations on the new egg, I love the tree's in the background. I just fired up Mr. Large for some pork ribs.
    Happy Holidays,
    New Bob

• Chuck,
    Nice setup!! I'm still waffling on pulling the trigger to add to my "mini-only" setup. Speaking of mini, what is the purpose of the contraption you have attached to your mini? Look forward to a photo of that trout!

• Chuck
    Options
    trout1.jpg
    <p />carlson,[p]Here is a shot of three of the trout. This is a family favorite and usually is gone almost as fast as jerky. I will email you the specifics of how I do it if you ever want to give it a try. The "contraption" on the mini ai a piece of flexible metel duct, like a dryer vent. I will start a small fire in the mini, load it with chips or chunks and connect the duct to the ash door of a large. This will give me a lot of smoke but little heat in the large. I will then smoke the cheese over a drip pan full of ice. Have a great day.[p]Chuck <><

• char buddy
    Options
    Chuck,[p]could you go ahead and post your trout recipe either here on the board on in the recipe section. that look's too good to pass up.

• Chuck
    Options
    char buddy , I just posted the recipe in the recipe section. Give it a try, I think trout is one of the best fish to smoke and this recipe works well. I haved used the same recipe for salmon (with some adjusments to the cooking time), weakfish, bluefish and whiting and they all come out well. Let me know what you think if you try it.[p]Chuck <><

• char buddy
    Options
    Chuck,[p]roger on that.
  • Dakota
    Options
    carlson,[p]Like the sound of that last name. Hope to see your posting in the future.[p]Fellow Norwegian