Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LOL cooking time?

Options
Frozen Chosen
Frozen Chosen Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a bone-in leg of lamb that's been marinating 3 days. The forum recipes all seem to be for boneless, and a search produced nothing for words "lamb" (how can this be?). Anyone familiar with T and time for LOL? I planned on doing it with inverted plate sitter and second grill on top of that. Other books suggest something like 350 F for 2-3 hers to 135 internal.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,
    I believe Mike O posted a way to search the archive using google search engine...but I`m not sure exactly how to do it..you need to put biggreenegg.com in the search in some way...maybe others will give you the correct format..[p]Wess

• Kevin D
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,[p]I installed the Google Toolbar on my PC. It is always on the screen. When you type in a search topic you have the option of searching the web or searching the site that you are currently visiting. I use the toolbar to do all my BGE Forum searching. Check out the site below.
    [ul][li]Google Toolbar[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,[p]300°F for 20 minutes per pound to 145°F internal for medium doneness.[p]Spin
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Spin,
    You got it! (Though I prefer 250º, 30 mins. per pound. Use apple or cherry wood for flavor.)

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,
    Next time. Boning a leg of lamb ain't that hard, if you've got a good boning knife. Cut the meat where it's thinnest, all the way to the bone. Then just run the tip of your knife along the bone, first on one side of the bone, then on the other, till you can lift the bone to make the final cuts. While you're there, you may want to cut partway through the thicker section of meat so you can butterfly it and grill it "flat".

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p] I often do butterfly'd legs, but sometimes the presentation of a bone-in is called for. Plus, I find that while butterflied leg cooks more evenly, it often overcooks. The temps and time you mentioned seem more suitable to a boned leg. I went with 330F for about 2.5 hrs on a 5-6# leg to 145F internal; perfect m-rare throughout. I also prefer no smoke added to lamb; just to delicate a flavor to mess up that way.