Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Preparing the pizza plate?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wejust bought the platter with legs and the pizza plate. Do we need to do anything to prepare the either of these items before using them, such as break them in with olive oil or something?[p]Thanks
Dan T

Comments

• Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    No prep necessary. Just use them. The plate setter will slowly turn black.[p]If you're cooking something greasy on top of the plate setter, it is good to cover the top with foil or a drip pan. It just keeps it from getting nasty with baked on grease.
  • Thanks Buzz and thanks to all the rest of you who have responded to my earlier posts. Our biggest success so far has been a great rack of ribs and a pretty good if slightly overdone pork butt. Learning is fun though.

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    Dan T New User,
    do not grease, oil, wash etc. your pizza stone. scrape it clean gently when needed. sprinkle it with corn meal or use parchment so the dough does not stick.i saw someone use ground pepper instead of corn meal i have not tried it but seems like a flavorful idea.
    bill