Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Ham bone-in

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just received a large smoked ham with the bone-in. Need to know how to finish it on the BGE. Any info would be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks,[p]Ray

Comments

• Hanker'n2Grill
    Options
    Babyray,
    I emailed some photos of mine but the mail was returned ... perhaps you have the wrong address listed in your profile?

• Hanker'n2Grill
    Options
    Babyray,
    Git it upto 150 internal an use some hickory chunk. Don't forget to save a hunk o' that ham and the bone for some good ole' ham 'n beens later on. uuuuuuuuummmmm boy. I like to pressure cook the ham remains and the bone for about an hour and a half or two and then pull it apart and remove the bones and cook it again with mixed beans, onions, celery (with the fibrous strands peeled off), carrots and spices of your choice ( I use dried parsley, cilantro, garlic and onion powder, sweet chili, paprika, salt 'n pepper, cayenne and a few bay leaves, all to taste of course) and when almost finished (I don't like the beans mushy) add some frozen corn (shoepeg if you can get it) and some frozen peas and maybe a little barley pearl. Dammmm gud eetin! Dont fergit that tucha tobasco. Oh, btw, I soak my beans overnight in water with about a cup of white vinegar. That "de-gasses" em and flavors em up a bit. Rinse em good and add a bit of vinegar and a little touch of sugar (the secret to southern cookin') back in when ya cook em up. One more thing, if anyone gives you one of the big ole' salami logs for Xmas just cut up a bit o' that into chunks and add it in ... mucho flavor seeeenyorr ray.

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Babyray,
    Take a look at Dave's double smokek ham in the recipe section. This is really good.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 67
    Options
    Babyray,
    This is a copy of Mr Toad's post a few months ago. It sounds great. I am planning on trying it over the holidays[p]"i used a "honey paraline" injector kit (cajun injector - www.cajuninjector.com) that i purchased from bge at the fall eggtoberfest - followed directions on box - injected 10lb. precooked ham with about 8 oz. of the honey praline mix - i heated this to get a thin liquid - easier to inject - near the end of the time on the egg i poured liquid from drip pan on ham and added the honey praline topping to the ham to form a crust - sliced ham and again drizzled the liquid from the drip pan over the sliced ham making sure i scooped up all the pecan bits - wow - the rave of the day - even a non-ham eater had second servings - this recipe is a keeper and i will find a place in the holiday cooking to do this again"[p]I hope I'm not breaking any rules be copying Mr Toads original posting. If I am then I apologize.
    Rich