Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterday's PIZZA

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pizza_06.jpg
<p />Pizza on the BGE is probably one of my favorites - it has a taste that no delivery pizza can match. [p]Again made using Spin's sauce recipe - last time we made a tripple batch and froze it for times like this - I still have a good supply in the freezer.[p]If you haven't tried pizza, try it, you'll like it!
[ul][li]Yesterday's Pizza Dinner[/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Firebricks placed upright under a pizza stone? That pie looks good!!![p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Options
    Pizza_05.jpg
    <p />Someone (maybe Spin) suggested it on the Forum - I'm not very creative so I depend on other people's ideas - it does seem to work and it brings the pizza stone up to just above the level of the base - easier to get pizza in and out. Next time I think I'll try your Calzone - it looked great!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, Yahooooooo! Finally someone got it right..heeeeee.[p]I use 3 firebricks on edge but around the perimeter edges in a semi circle..but yours is a different and also a great way to do it..perhaps even more stable...! Great looking pizza..!![p]Cheers...C~W[p]
  • MW
    MW Posts: 61
    Options
    Gfw,
    What do you cook your pizza on? I have a large BGE and would love to get the requisite stuff to do pizzas..
    Thnx
    MW

• Gfw
    Options
    S12_26_9907_14_01.jpg
    <p />MW, check out the link in the previous post - the only thing missing is the pizza stone - mine is only a 12 or 13 inch since I have a medium BGE - the pizza peal/paddle is handy but you could probably do without, at least initially. Of course, you also needs Spin's pizza sauce recipe which is in the recipe section of this Forum. [p]If I can help in any way, please feel free to contact me via email or merely post a followup - PIZZA on the BGE is GREAT!

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Gfw,
    You can also arrange the firebricks in a 'Y' pattern. This is nice and stable too. A 14" pizza stone is just right for the large EGG. And thanks for the e-mail.
    JimW