Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Pork Chops

Jim R.
Jim R. Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would like to fire up some boneless pork chops for supper.How long to brine and what set up on grill?

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Jim R,[p]Brine the chops for 4 to 8 hours. Grill the chops like a steak, but don't keep them in dwell for long.[p]Puj
  • Jim R.
    Puj,
    Thanks for the quick response!Would you use Char-Crust or some other rub?

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Jim R,
    All I do is lay on some Walkerswood Jerk paste (fairly thick) for an hour or so. Then about 3 minutes and 30 seconds a side at searing temps (600 - 700)for medium rare.
    JimW

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Jim R,[p]No rub at all. For the brine I used a recipe posted by Nature Boy last month, sans the lemongrass and substituted apple cider for the apple juice.[p]The crew has grown quite fond of the brine. Here's a link to NB's post.[p]Puj
    [ul][li]Righteous Chops[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_30_9918_30_02.jpg
    <p />Jim R, I must be missing something, but why would you even brine porkchops - boneless or bonein. The ones in the picture - - The dome temp of the grill was stabilized at 700-725 degrees and the chops were cooked at 3 minutes per (C~W) side. The BGE was closed for 7 minutes and I checked using the polder - 160 degrees after about 11 minutes.

[ul][li]Pork Chops with Pico De Gallo [/ul]
  • Jim R.
    Gfw,
    Read it on the Brining 101,can't say it turned out that well.They were boneless and very lean but mixed results as far as being tender.Also learned from this cook that there will be times when the meat should be rotated,suprised me how much difference in that 600 degree heat.Have some bone in planned in the near future and will try as you described.
    What fun!!Only had the BGE for ten pounds opps I should say two months but couldn't be without it!

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Gfw,
    I remember the first time I posted that I had brined pork chops..and got the same reaction..."Why would you brine chops"..LOL...well the ones I did were from Costco at a good 1 3/4 to 2" thick very little marbling..kinda just a loin cut up...well let me tell ya..them is good most anyway you cook em...but the brined ones were eggseptional..juiciest chops I ever cooked and full of whatever flavore you want to give based on the brine..I highly recommend you try it...and char crust is always a winner no matter what else you do..but I`ve leaned towards a bread crumb type of coating lately..comes out almost like fried.[p]Wess