Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg for sale

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see that they are now selling those monster Kamados on EBay. Has
anyone every purchased a GreenEgg at the .com auction? I would love
to pick up a small sometime to go with my large. Anyone have a
bargain? Thanks. Smokie

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Catfish Smokie, well, here is a answer so long as you brought it up. [p]In my opinion BGE has several hundred dealers thru-out the United States and in other countries. There is no need for them to bypass dealers with a e.bay type sales program.[p]For the most part, service thru those dealers is fast and easy, and if a problem arises, a direct call to BGE usually brings a fast equitable solution to a warranty problem.[p]Hard to do thru a e.bay screen.[p]Even harder to repack a 450 lb monster and return it.[p]So the best recourse I can give you is to either check with BGE for a used small as they have a 30 day exchange policy if you wish to upgrade in that period to a larger unit. Sometimes a small will show up at the dealers. You might check the (area code) dealer search box at the top of this page and see if the closest one can help you. [p]Good luck, and I have a small and a large, and won't part with either one..:-)
    Char-Woody

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Catfish Smokie,
    Actually I keep an eye out for things like that (ouch). Have never seen an egg on eBay. Have acquired some lovely basset hound trinkets, however, a laptop, and 2 printers! Oh yes, and my son's iMac. But no eggs. Possibly when people get one...they keep it![p]You can go into eBay's personal shopper area and put down "big green egg" and it will automatically email you if one appears!

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Catfish Smokie, I've read newspaper articles where lowlifes have sold their children,,,, but no one ever seems to sell their BGE. I don't know if that is an indicator of moral standards,, or if people just get more attached to their Egg. Heeeheee!

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    As usual you just said it all. A Men! Try to same a few bucks and you find it will end up costing you more in the end. These dealers are really good at getting what you want. [p]MAC

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    I can't believe you used such a comparison!.............Yes I can! :-))))[p]I wonder what kind of trade you'd get with a deal like that?[p]Dr. Chicken

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, good morning,,, hope your cold gets lost quick. Now, I wern't really suggesting that more people sell their kids than sell their eggs, but I don't think I've ever seen a report of someone tyring to sell their egg. Never heard of anyone locking their egg in a closet, or leaving it in an airport terminal restroom. I guess it is kinda stark,, but those are the facts. It's the same thing when a bank exec gets busted for stealing money. They always grab their egg and run to a foreign country to hide out. Have you heard the latest? They have found that prisons have been accused of condoning cruel and unusual punishment because the inmates don't have access to BGE's. I agree. Get them law books out of there and put in some eggs. This would set the stage for more kinder-gentler cults. :)

• Char-Woody,
    Thanks Sir, I will call BGE on Monday.

• MollyShark,
    Thanks, for the advice. That Ebay is quite the thing!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    King-O-Coals, that is a classic..I vote for it! I viewed a segment on Dateline the other night that con's are entitled to damages in some states of $4000.00 or more for bodily hurt if attacked. Even one fella in prison collected $20,000.00 in one state.
    C~W[p]