Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Getting a jump on Woosday... (plenty o' pics)

Ottawa_eggerOttawa_egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week I posted a request for a recipe for a large pork loin I had. An egger by the name of "Broc, just across the Muddy Mo from Omaha" suggsted pork roast roulade. The accopanying recipe sounded intriguing, so I gave it a shot. Sorry about th large pics.[p]Because a few people couldn't make it for dinner, I cut my 8 lb roast in half an just used one roast. First of all I chopped up some bacon and fried it, themn tossed in some finely chopped mushrooms and some left over spinach. I would have like to put in more, but I found the destemming aof th baby spinach a bit tedious and time consuming (as is consistent with me, I decided to do an oil change on my wife's car before starting dinner, so I was abit time compressed). In the fridge I noticed two leftover ribs from a cook two days prior, so I showed great restraint in not eating them and chopped up the meat for my stuffing. Here's a shot of the mixture prior to spreading:[p]IMG_0681.jpg[p]
I then sliced and unrolled the pork loin, chiseled a diamond pattern as recommended, and spread balsamic vinegar on the inside. The bottle of b.v. costs 3x the cost of the roast, so it certainly was good stuff. In the upper corner you can see a bow of the cheese I will spread in the roast. The yellow is some cheap cheddar, the white some expensive 5-yr old cheddar I got from a boutique shop in Quebec. Very tastey!!![p]IMG_0680.jpg[p]
Here' a shot with half the mixture on just before flipping half of it closed.[p]IMG_0682.jpg[p]Here's the roast on my gasketless egg. I went direct at 450 for 5 mins a side before putting in the plate setter and going indirect at 350-375.[p]IMG_0685.jpg[p]And now an end shot. Unfortunately the cheese starting leaking out of the ends, almost bringing tears to my eyes...[p]IMG_0686.jpg[p]And finally the finished product. My mother-in-law looked at me kinda funny as I took this picture. Oh well, she's French - I can't expect her to understand the Egg thing.[p]IMG_0687.jpg[p]It was pretty damn good!!![p]Ottawa_egger[p]

Comments