Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Time Ribs

Cad_TrevCad_Trev Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img]DSC00119.jpg
<p />Thanks to all who have shared their "eggsperience" thru this forum and on their own websites(WessB,TNW...)I am sure i wouldnt have been tickled with my first crack at these buggers[p]
DSC00159.jpg
DSC00119.jpg

·

Comments

• cad_trev,[p]Wow! Whattime is dinner?

·
  • cad_trev,
    Looks good. How did you do it?[p]Mike

·
  • I used the 3 1 1 method (3 hours indirect,w/drippan,1 hour wrapped in foil,1 hour (no foil)back on indirect and basted every 15mins),I followed some links in earlier posts over the last couple of days here.I did run low on lump after 3 hours.I used the whole foods brand for this cook.The fire did get away from me while i went to buy a drip pan,though not over 400F,might have to use Cowboy nexttime...
    ·
  • LOL ,follow the scent of smoking meat and hickory....
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    cad_trev,
    That looks great! And they'll get better with each cook! Good job!

·
  • cad_trev,
    Looks like you've got that method nailed down tight. [p]Keep on EGGin
    Mike

·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    cad_trev,[p]Nice job! I did the same thing this weekend, but only a single rack because I didn't know how it was going to come out compared to how I used to cook ribs. Luckily they came out just fine.[p]Congrats on the nice looking ribs![p]-Mike[p]
    ·
  • cad_trev,
    They look great, you'll only get better.
    Ross

·
  • mr.bmr.b Posts: 75
    biggreeneggforum009.jpg
    <p />cad_trev, looks great! i did some myself today as well. bon apetit!

·