Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a simple Chicken cook....

Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night defrosted four bone-in big chicken breasts that were screaming for a release from the chest freezer. Dusted liberally with Charcrust Smoky Southwest blend and a little olio d' oliva for a few hours, and then cooked them "semi-indirect" (used the grill extender upside down, with the smaller grid holding a drip pan, breasts on top grid) at 350, with a little mesquite and apple for smoke flavor. Wonderful after an hour. Sometimes less, is more!!
Big Murth

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Big Murth,
    Your statement is so true. I think that sometimes we get caught up in trying too hard to find new ways to cook a chicken or nay other piece of meat. Marinating it in heaven knows what and thinking it tastes great leaves some question in my mind. Less is more. Underline the "is".
    Great reminder

• TF1
    TF1 Posts: 16
    Big Murth,[p]I'm with you....keep the chicken simple. There is something to be said for pardon the expression, "plain", chicken. Try this:
    Cut a garlic clove in half and rub the cut end on the pieces of chicken.
    brush liberally w/ olive oil.
    sprinkle w/ kosher salt and coarse cracked pepper.[p]That's it 350. Direct to give it a touch of crust. Man o' man!!!
    I am all for different rubs as well but mostly I go with this.[p]Good Luck,[p]TF1