Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MINI AND BEER CAN CHICKEN

Options
UGAVET
UGAVET Posts: 577
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i thought i have seen pictures of beer can chicken on the mini. i have my brand new mini heated up and typical me, didnt see if things were gonna fit under the dome. its not a very big chicken but it wont fit. do i need to take the fire ring out to be able to stand it up?

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    UGAVET,
    Mabe it was a cornish game hen, LOL. -RP

• citychicken
    Options
    i have had my mini for just two weeks. and love it for that reason for which i wanted it i think it is under-apprecieated for its versatility. some people have done ribs and more. never considered a beercan chicken yet. have done a spatchcocked game hen, just for fun. i had to really watch the hen and temps though. but for practicality think i will do those cooks on the large because i have a large. [p]if i were you i'd take out the fire ring too. but keep the bird as high in the dome as possible. you might just have to experiment a bit.[p]there are some guys that have fabricated "platestters" for indirect cooks on the mini. hopefully they might be around.
  • UGAVET
    Options
    AZRP,
    haha, i think you warned me last saturday about the smallness of the mini. ive got the small crankin right now. its a novelty thing.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    ugavet,[p]Yep...I've pretty much given up on BCChicken on the Mini.[p]Just tooo much Chicken... in tooo close a proximity... to the Egg and fire![p]Now the Small....??[p]P4130114.jpg[p]Well, that's a whole different Bird!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • UGAVET
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yeah, small did a great job. I had it rubbed down good with shakin the tree and sittin on the ceramic chicken cooker with apple juice, mojo marinade, garlic. Turned out great thanks to those grate mates

• Ottawa_egger
    Options
    IMG_0306.jpg
    <p />UGAVET,[p]I've done beef ribs, a rack of pork ribs, but no beer can chicken. Sounds like my next challenge. I thought the beef ribs would be a challenged because of the lump needed to do a 6-hr cook. Turns out I probably could have gone 8-9 hrs with the amount of lump I jammed into it.[p]Ottawa_egger