Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yorkshire Pudding Recipe

Options
Shishkaknob
Shishkaknob Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those who asked yesterday...and for anyone else who is interested,
here is the recipe and method that I used. Makes about a dozen. I did a double recipe.[p]1 1/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
Pinch of Salt
3 eggs[p]Make sure the eggs and milk are at room temperature.
Lightly mix up the eggs (don't beat them).
Mix in the salt and the milk and stir.
Slowly add the flour and whisk it in.
Let the batter sit at room temp for 30 mins at least. Mine sat for an hour.[p]Get the egg up to temp 425 dome. Indirect set-up.[p]Add 1/2 tsp fat (vegetable oil or clear bacon fat) to the bottom
of each muffin cup. Some say that you have to heat the pans and oil
until smoking in the oven (egg) before you add the batter. I've done it this way and I've added the batter to the cups without pre-heating the pans and there was no difference. These ones were done without pre-heating. Fill the cups 2/3 full with the batter and place in the oven/egg for about 30 mins. Let em go until they brown up nicely. I kept an eye on them through the daisy wheel. I increased the temp to 450 or so for the last five mins to get the browning that I wanted.[p]
Just getting ready to come off...
IMG_0023.jpg[p]Tadaaaa....
IMG_0022.jpg[p]Some of these were from the oven and six were from the egg. If you look closely, the tall ones with the nice brown muffin "stump" and the sort of two-toned gold and brown tops were from the egg and the more all-over browned and shorter ones were from the oven. Too bad I didn't get a side-by-side shot.
IMG_0026.jpg[p]
Cheers,[p]John

Comments

• JudyFoodie
    Options
    Shishkaknob,
    I was going to ask for the recipe earlier so thanks very mcuh. I tried a yorkshire pudding last week in the regular oven and they didn't puff up much so I gotta try your method. By the way where did you find that muffin pan? Must provide great air circulation.

• Shishkaknob
    Options
    JudyFoodie,[p]You can get them at HomeSense if you have one of them close by. Make a wicked chocolate lava cake in that pan too.[p]Cheers,[p]John
  • JudyFoodie
    Options
    Shishkaknob,
    I've never seen one of those pans before and I've never seen them at Homesense everytime I go.[p]Coincidently, just this morning I was flipping through an old stack of Cooking Light magazines and what do you think is on the front of the April 2004 issue? The exact popover pan with some beautiful yorkies in them, though not as nice looking as yours! So to see that muffin pan just last night before going to bed and then first thing this morning must mean something so now the hunt is on to find one!!
    LOL, Judy

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    Thanks Shishkaknob it’s the same recipe that I have except for mine says 1c milk instead of 1 ¼ c. [p]In the oven it says to bake for 20 min’s @ 425F do you think it took them that long to cook on the egg?[p]AuntieEgger[p]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Here you go, JudyFoodie. The mix is good, too. JCA

[ul][li]Popovers[/ul]
  • Shishkaknob
    Options
    AuntieEgger,[p]Maybe it took longer because the dome temp is a bit higher than the temp at the grate. Dunno. They turned out great![p]John
  • Eggoholic
    Options
    Shishkaknob,
    thanks, my mom will love these