Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Spring Assist Fix

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do any XL owners have information about the XL Spring Assist fix? I contacted the mother ship months ago (I believe it was May )and they said it was coming soom. I have seen nothing or can't find it. Any updates the egggsperts could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    Options
    Badger Smoke,I recieved the original spring asst kit several months ago. I installed it and had a problem with the gasket seal and could not control my temps. Ended up burning the gaskets. Mr b told me about a redesigned kit that was available. I called the mother ship about two weeks ago and they said they would send the re-design. Have not recieved it as of yet.

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    mijoey,
    I'm sure they are just getting things back under control after the fantastic weekend they provided for so many of us. My guess is, if it's not on its way yet, it soon will be.

• mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    Options
    Big'un,That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm sure they had a lot of other things going on.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Badger Smoke,
    I have the new spring assists on both of my XL's. They work great. There was a small problem between the old and new spring assists for the XL. The new one's work great.
    The R & D department re; John Creel has worked dilegently to correct the problems with the new ones.
    Hammer