Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest compensation...

Options
Shishkaknob
Shishkaknob Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I didn't make it down to Atlanta. As much as I would have loved to attend, I just couldn't. Had a friend visit from British Columbia and so we had a couple of feasts in his honour.[p]He brought a beautiful west coast salmon for me to cook. Raging River'd and cedar planked. Maple and butter glaze warming.
IMG_0032.jpg[p]So gooooood.....
IMG_0033.jpg[p]Oh sooo goooooood....
IMG_0034.jpg[p]On Sunday night we tested the Large BGE. What is the biggest prime rib that a Large BGE can handle? 17.5 pound, seven ribs of pure beef heaven.
IMG_0005.jpg[p]A bit of salt and pepper and some rosemary with a seeded mustard and worcestershire rub.
IMG_0007.jpg[p]250 dome for 5 hours or so and this is the result.
IMG_0024.jpg[p]Cheated a bit by pre-cutting the bone from the meat and tied it in place. Made carving a bit easier.
IMG_0027.jpg[p]Slices were a mix of med to rare. Perfect!
IMG_0030.jpg[p]Did some Yorkshire pudding on the egg for the first time. Side by side with the puddings we did in the oven and the egg won hands down.
IMG_0023.jpg[p]Here they are coming off
IMG_0022.jpg[p]Golden brown, crispy outside and soft flaky middle. Wow!
IMG_0026.jpg[p]So I didn't get to Atlanta but I had a hell of a time with the egg in my own back yard. [p]Cheers,[p]John

Comments