Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FredsFranks makes the TV

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many people know that FredFranks is known for being one of the only people using a BGE to make a living. There's a video on YouTube now interviewing him and showing his stand. The interesting thing to me is his pully system for opening and closing the egg. Take a look:
[ul][li]Link to video[/ul]

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    sumrtym,
    Very cool! Thanks!

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    sumrtym,
    That was great. Thanks.[p]Spring "Now I Want A Hotdog" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    sumrtym,
    that's the dude who sells franks at the head of the lake in the town where flashback bob and i live

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • sumrtym,[p]Went up there a couple of weeks ago and really had the best hot dog I've ever had! Fred is a Prince!
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    Thats right, Jefe! Though it's a much quicker ride for me.[p]I've been going there weekly since he started staying open on Saturdays.
    They know me and my youngest daughter now. Last week Fred gave her a Jumbo instead of a regular because he thought she'd like it.[p]Part of the reason I like going there is that they are great people.[p]He'll be there till mid November, depending on the weather. (If it's not cold yet he may keep going even later).

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    i remember driving by when he just had the large BGE in a cart behind his car. holy crap. that jumbo cart of his is a production. no wonder the selectman are bugging about the traffic congregating!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    stike,[p]When we were there a couple of weeks ago it was busy but there didn't seem to be any problem with traffic. It's a 60 mile drive for me each way to indulge in FredsFranks but worth the trip. I'd like to get up once or twice before he closes for the season. Like I said, worth the trip!