Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Miss Alyce's Baked Apples

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Miss Alyce's Baked Apples

cooked at 2004/5/6/7 eggtoberfests
[p]1 can 6lb. 8oz. White House Sliced Apples
1 stick real butter
2 tbs ground cinnamon
2 tbs whole cloves
1 tbs nutmeg
2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cups raisins - dark
3/4 cups raisins - golden
2 cups Ocean Spray - Craisins - cranberries
2 cups walnuts or pecans
1 cup dark rum or apple brandy

cook/smoke in a 7qt. dutch oven - 1 and 1/2 hours - add nuts during last 15 minutes of the cook - and rum, light, and serve

Cooking Tips
variations: pecans instead of walnuts or both - add other fruit, pears or cherries for example - chardonnay or apple brandy instead of rum - chopped ginger is a nice addition - dark (grade b) maple syrup instead of the brown sugar - all is according to taste [p]Enjoy - Alyce

In dog Beers - I have had only one !

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    mr toad,[p]A great recipe with some nice variations.[p]Mr Toad, my email has been down so I haven't been able to return your email. The whole wheat pizza is a very good pizza. We have made it many times and it is well worth the effort. We do tend to prefer a 50/50 mix of whole wheat and bread flour. Just our personal preference. I do recommend trying the whole wheat idea.[p]Spin
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    Rodney,
    Good to see you and Alyce at the fest! The Wise One sent me the recipe. I look forward to receiving the apron, and thanks for the invite to come to Valdeese. Need the recipe you made and you asked me if I thought it was as good as Mr. Toad!
    Mitch