Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork cushion meat

double L
double L Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The person at the meat department described this meat as pork tri tip I am sure someone has used it but I dont recall reading any posts about it. Any suggestions about seasoning and cooking? any comments will be appreciated. I have enjoyed the pics and stories about the eggtober fest some day I may attend but for now the eggfest by the sea will have to do thnks Len

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    double L,[p] Actually it is part of the shoulder. It should look roundish and be somewhat lean. I would treat it like a Loin Roast. Maybe cook it at 300 - 325 dome indirect till it reaches 165. Rub with any one of the Dizzy Products good on pork, Emeril's Essence or just salt and pepper.[p] Slice and serve with your favorite sauce or even Pork Gravy. You can pull Pork Cushion, but it's rather lean, so watch the temp. It could dry out.
  • Celtic Wolf, thanks for your input I think I will go with one of the dizzy pig rubs

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    double L,[p] In that case I'd use Dizzy Dust or if you want some heat Jamaican Firewalk. Use a complementary BBQ sauce or Jerk Sauce with the DP.[p][p]