Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Was it a pork chop or was it a steak?

ColoradoCook
ColoradoCook Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Brined up some 3/4" pork loin chops yesterday for one hour and cooked them up like steaks (750+). These things were so juicing I thought I was eating a medium done steak, I'm talking fabulous. I even goofed up, my internal temp hit 165 when I was shooting for 145. The searing for 3 minutes a side held in all the brined solution. Next time I'll try 3 minutes, flip, and dwell for 5 minutes or so. [p]This brining concept is just as easy as marinating and I can still add in any seasonings I want to the brine for flavor. Up until yesterday I thought all pork chops were bland and dry, not anymore.[p]CC

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    ColoradoCook,[p]I had a lot of trouble getting chops I liked off the Egg until CW set me straight with the high temp method.[p]Here is a link to a rub I really like for chops, if you are ever looking for something different. I tried the beef one on steaks too. It was good but not as good as the pork on chops.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

[ul][li]Pork Rub[/ul]