Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

puzzles and pork

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,659
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_1654.jpg
<p />picnics were on sale this weekend, first cleaned out the egg, up to a 9 piece fire box.
100_1655.jpg[p]100_1658.jpg[p]100_1660.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    fishlessman, as much as I tell people to continue using their cracked firebox as long as it cooks ok, I think you qualify for a replacement.

• fishlessman
    Wise One,
    ive still got my old 3 piece cracked one on standby. this one actually stays together pretty well once you get all the pieces balanced correctly, almost need a third hand to assemble it though.

fukahwee maine

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    fishlessman,
    after 5 years I finally took mine out and it looked like yours. I broke down and had it replaced.

• fishlessman
    Drivr,
    i would break a new one in no time, i get it too hot on certain cooks. this one is broken in just right were i dont have problems with it. i was more concerned with the cook as i was out of dp coarse. used a couple cajon spices and some turbinado and the bark was horrible during the end of the cook, washed as much off with a vinegar and sugar mop, then gave it a heavy glaze of sweetbabyrays. wasnt half bad when done, but it was horrible a couple hours before coming off the grill.

fukahwee maine

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    fishlessman,
    is that a pineapple growing in the pot behind that great looking pork?if so it looks like it already has a pineapple on it. mine is twice that size and does not have a pineapple on it. although this is the first summer it has been in the dirt. but i have never grown them before so i am a little dumb on how big they are supposed to get but it looks lioke you have a little more knowledge about them so will you look at mine and let me know what you think?
    Eggtoberfest07001-1.jpg
    sorry for the paper towels but it was the only thing close by to give you a idea about the size.
    Eggtoberfest07002-1.jpg
    here is the top.[p]
    now i know it does not look as good as yours because the leaves are starting to fall around here and i am not sure when to bring it in i was thinking befor the first frost. but anyway i will sit back and wait on your reply. or anyone else who has grown a pineapple.[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    BENTE,
    dont know much about it, it had the pinapple when i got it this weekend, i bought some pots to dig up the rosemary etc before it gets cold here. looks like it needs a bigger pot

fukahwee maine

• BENTE
    fishlessman,
    dig up the rosemary???????? well igot two permantly planted in front of my house and they are already looking to take over the whole front of the house.oh well i guess that's why we moved to south carolina. not the reason but sounds good to me.[p]oh well i took a shot and i guess i will have to start my own thread and maybe ping Guava Greg.[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    BENTE,
    this aticle says you need to either lay the plant on its side between watering, or put it in a bag with apples to get it to flower.

[ul][li]pineapples[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

• BENTE
    fishlessman,
    thanks i saved that[p]great looking pork BTW[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hey BENTE,
    Howdy neighbor, I'm in Seneca myself!
    My wife says it takes a couple of years before you'll
    get a pineapple. She just started her plant about 4 months ago
    and it's just a little bugger still. When you see a stalk
    come up out of yours, it won't be long before you'll be a
    proud papa.
    Regards,
    Tim

• BENTE
    Tim Fowler,
    Seneca huh i like seneca! my brother use to work for copper river grill! and i use to call on all the car dealers for the auction here in anderson........[p]
    now the pineapple; [p]i cut a pineapple about a inch down in the "flesh" and planted that in potting soil in may but it sure has grown alot more than i thought...[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE,
    Cheryl (The missus) cut hers about the same, but started
    it in a dish of water around June. She put it in dirt
    a couple of months later. It's maybe 10" tall now.
    Her Mom did one years ago and got one Pineapple off of it
    before she passed away. It might have been the best Pineapple
    I ever put in my mouth. But, like I said...it takes awhile
    to reap the benifits.
    If we're lucky we MIGHT see a pineapple next year, but make sure
    you keep it in a sunny place indoors this winter and keep the soil moist.
    Tim

• BENTE
    Tim Fowler,
    i'm looking forward to it. [p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb