Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Late October - Chicago - 75+ degrees - hmmmm - better start a fire

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]Sunday night and I couldn't resist starting a fire....[p]I found a deal on some pork loin so a little yellow mustard and DP Raging River and on it went - direct, 250ish dome. I also cubed some sweet potatoes, tossed them with canola oil, tossed them with cinnamon, tossed them with fresh grated nutmeg, tossed them with maple syrup, tossed them with DP Raging River, then into a cast iron skillet and onto the fire.[p]Once the pork really got going I was able to move it off to the side and really get the potatoes going... Soon enough I was adding brown sugar, butter and more maple syrup and back on the heat to get happy...[p]Anyway, this was one of the best meals I have ever made for myself and it was so simple it was silly (SSIWS??? Did I just make up an Internet saying?:)) Here are a few pics... (Oh, yeah we also stuffed some peppers with a corn/herb/cheese mixture and finished them off, direct when the pork was resting...[p]Cheers![p]

100_1153.jpg[p]
100_1152.jpg[p]
100_1151.jpg[p]
100_1150.jpg[p]
[p]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Pace Yourself,
    I hear you and down here in central IL we reached 81 today. Beautiful! And on top of that da Bears won at the end!!! As for the pork loin roast that happens to be one of our favorites here - in fact I prep it like I do baby back ribs and serve it sliced thin with Blue's Hog sauces on the side. Just like eating ribs without the bones since my beloved doesn't like that rib hassle!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • citychicken
    Options
    while you sit there wearin' your kahiki shirts, sippin your mint mojito in late october putting another butt on the egg somewhere north of the 45th parallel north. well remember this... that would be global warming that you be talkin' about!. just ask al gore who arguably is the most advanced thinker of the 21st century (he-he-heeee!). first he "invented the internet", and now has correctly predicted the end of the world - death by global warming! next, thous say he, expect santa crusin' the mediterranean nw (hmmm? that would be lake superior) sporting his prada attire on xmas eve.[p] and can you imagine this... it's all the fault of the bge community... "STOP BURNIN YOUR LUMP!" says he. [p]and if you all think as i do, that this is a crock of @#it, dude was awarded the nobel peace prize for such progressive thinking. egad!