Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye, where's your home page?!?!

Options
mb168
mb168 Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going to playingwithfireandsmoke and it goes straight to the lifter page, no navigation so I can't find what I'm looking for.

Comments

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
  • billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    mb168,
    this worked for me. and your link did too
    might be your computer but i am a neaderthal when it comes to tech stuff
    good luck
    if you get stuck tell us what recipe you wanted and someone will e-mail it to you
    bill

[ul][li]http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/[/ul]
  • mb168
    Options
    bill,[p]Yes it's working for me too now, it was displaying the grate lifter on the main page with no navigation.[p]Thanks
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    mb168,[p]Sorry man, a little site maintenance was going on. Been getting a few inquiring e-mails, so I added a link to that page on my home page.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • mb168
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]As long as nothing is wrong with it, update away!! I use your site as a reference a lot so please keep adding.[p]PS, you need a pork tenderloin entry on there.
  • thirdeye
    Options
    DSC03969a.jpg
    <p />mb168,[p]I did one last night that was in the top 5 that I have ever cooked. Maybe I'll post that one.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Top 5? That is a strong statement.[p]Now I may have to give that one a rip, if you post a full report/recipe. It certainly looks good.
  • mb168
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I'll let you you slide for today (LOL), we just got home this afternoon from Atlanta and thought we had one sitting in the fridge. After not egging all weekend and in the almost 2 months we've had our eggs we haven't made one. So after not being able to check your site I fire up the egg and decide to go for it and I ask my wife to get the one out the fridge, and it's not there, she had stuck it in the freezer last week. With the egg sitting at 350, she jumps in the car and heads to the closest store for "whatever" meat she can find which ended up being some nice looking sirloins so I popped the vents open and had it climbing through 600 when she pulled in the driveway. Steaks turn out SOOOO nice on the egg. As long as you don't burn them, they're hard to mess up.[p]Keep up the good work on the site!
  • thirdeye
    Options
    dsc03972aaL.jpg
    <p />Fidel,[p]The hickory plank provided one of the best back flavors I have experienced on a tenderloin. The slather was a nice touch and it may have contributed to keeping it moist. [p]Here is the lowdown:[p]1 pork tenderloin
    Rub*
    Canadian steak seasoning
    Horseradish mustard (Inglehoffer brand)
    Wooster
    Balsamic vinegar (Villa Manodori Aceto)
    Butter
    Hickory grilling plank
    Rosemary sprigs[p]*I used some of Rocky's pork rub, sorry no recipe but it is a sugar based rub which has a touch of cinnamon in it. I would think that some Dizzy Dust laced with cinnamon would work fine.[p]I folded the thin end of the tenderloin back on itself (about 2" or so) and tied it with string. This evened out the thickness. Season with rub & Canadian seasoning. [p]Mix a slather with mustard and a little wooster then add balsamic until it is just sweet to the taste.[p]Put a pre-soaked hickory plank on a 400° Egg, grate in normal position.[p]Melt some butter in a skillet and add a sprig of rosemary to flavor it. Remove the rosemary. Do a quick saute/sear on all sides of the tenderloin. Don't burn the rub. Remove from the skillet and paint a thin coat of the slather on the seared pork, move to the hot plank, add some fresh sprigs of rosemary. Cook until the internal is 150°, turning once.[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~