Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Setter

FredcFredc Posts: 10
edited 7:02PM in EggHead Forum
I am a fairly new egg owner. I have been cooking chicken, ribs, steaks, fish, lamb and mussels. I just wanted to get an opinion on the plate setter for cooking and if the results are good?[p]Thank you in advance for any advice,[p]Fred Croson

• Fredc,[p]IMHO it's the most useful eggsessory they make (next to the ash tool). I think it should be included as standard equip. A drip pan with some water in it will serve as a barrier and provide indirect cooking, but the plate setter is the best. It evens out everything. Temp stabilization is easier. It raises the grill to gasket level, and while I havn't done them yet, I hear it's a must when doing pizza.
  • Fredc,
    It is an elegant all-in-one solution to indirect cooking and pizza cooking. I have 3 and love them.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • FredcFredc Posts: 10
    Fredc,[p]Thank you all for your help and have a great weekend. Esp those of you in Atlanta. [p]Fredc

• Fredc,
    They work great for a pizza set up paired with a BGE baking stone also ... recommended setup at link below I just found.

[ul][li]Plate Setter Pizza Setup on Egg[/ul]