Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great recipe!

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fruitcake
With the holidays coming, here's a fruitcake recipe that will help take the stress out of this normally stressful time.[p] Ingredients:[p] 1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups dried fruit
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
3 oz lemon juice
1 cup nuts
1 gallon Absolut Vodka[p]First, sample the vodka to check for freshness.
Take a large bowl. Check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Pour 1 level cup of the vodka and drink it.
Repeat.[p]Repeat again.[p]Turn on the electric mixer; beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add water, eggs and 1 tsp sugar and beat again. Make surr the vodca is still OK.[p]Cry another tup. Turn off mixers. Chuck in the cup of dried fruitt or something. Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets struck on the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewsciver. [p]Sample the vodka to check for tonsistancity. Next, sniff two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares?[p]Check the vodka. Now sniff the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table Spoon Of sugar or something. Whatever. Grease the oven.[p]Turn the cake tin 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Whip the bowl out the window. Check the vidka again.[p]Go to bed. Who the heck likes fruitcake anyway?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments