Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

fresh moose for dinner with some mushrooms and onions ...lots of pics

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 3:55AM in EggHead Forum
here is what i made for dinner before coming into work!! man it was very very tender !!! fried up some red onions with mushrooms rduced in a wine and cream sauce. moose meat all i did was cover it generously on shakin the tree...............then when i was ready to cook i put some soaked black cherry chips in the fire!! best moose so far!!
mike[p]moose.jpgmoose1.jpgmoose2.jpg
moose3.jpgmoose4.jpgmoose5.jpg
moose6.jpgmoose9.jpgmoose11.jpg
moose13.jpgmoose14.jpgmoose15.jpg

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    mikeb6109,
    man i have never seen moose (live or cooked w/o tv) thanks.[p]
    now i got regular cherry but where did you get black cherry, it is my favorite flavor from jello,kool-aid, soda, and pipe tobacco.[p]thanks [p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    mikeb6109,[p]I can honestly say I've never eaten moose. What cut is that?[p]best moose so far!! - not something you hear every day.[p]Looks great!
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    BENTE,
    i beleive i got it from smokinlicious.com
    mike

Fidel,
    would you beleive that is the t-bone cut but it was shot in a bad place so the cuts were restricted and not much bone to save!!

• GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 51
    mikeb6109,
    I once ate giraffe jerky when I was in Africa, but eating Moose is definitely a new concept to me! Enjoy!

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,475
    mikeb6109,
    this year im bringing my thermapen ice fishing with me. every time ive ever eaten moose its been cooked to over well done. have never gotten a piece to cook for myself. its never looked remotely as good as that

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    mikeb6109,[p]That's why you shouldn't drink Moose Head when you're aiming at moose shoulder.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

LIttle Steven,
    LOLOLOL was not one that i personally shot so i was able to drink as much moose as i wanted!!!

• Dover_GalDover_Gal Posts: 116
    mikeb6109,
    lucky man, moose is the most delicious of game. The diet of moss and algae make the meat sweet and tender. I had friends up in the woods who were EMT's and would go butcher fresh moose road kill and get pounds of meat for the freezer. Those were the days...

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    dover_gal,[p]In parts of Alaska ...they will take roadkill moose and field dress it and serve it to the homeless...![p]
  • BENTE,
    We have lots of standing Black Cherry in our 200 acres hunt camp. Very common in central Ontario. It's what I use, along with sugar maple and some oak.

City Slicker,
    you are a lucky man it is hard to get here but worth the effort to get it

Georgie,
    what moose is a popular game animal here and many places in the states. and when you get to enjoy hunting it and then actually tasting the meat it is very easy to get addicted to it!
    mike