Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

POLL ~ What is your favorite reheating liquid?

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good Morning Pit Bosses .....[p]When you cook ahead, specifically for reheating, what is your preferred liquid (or mixture) of choice during the reheat and why? [p]Meat choices are:[p]1. Pulled Pork[p]2. Pulled Beef (chuck or clod)[p]3. Brisket slices[p]
Do you add any additional dry seasoning just before it is served? [p]
~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    thirdeye,
    I dont use liquids, but the oven and/or microwave work just dandy for me.
    ST

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Have used coca cola with pulled pork with good results.
    Bob

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    thirdeye,
    i add a tblspoon of coke and another of low sodium chicken broth to the foodsaver baggs of pulled pork, there is usaully some hot vinegar sauce on it from the origional serving. pulled beef would be reheated in sauce, never had to reheat sliced brisket

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I used to use the micro-wave but no more. I reheat most meats in a glass covered non stick pan. I really like using apple juice and if you cook it long enough it makes a nice thick syrup. Chicken broth is great,too.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    thirdeye,
    well i have not done enough brisket to have an answer
    and i have never done pulled beef. sorry[p]pulled pork i use a little coke and wild boar bbq sauce[p]sorry that i do not have a better answer[p]
    happy eggin
    tb[p]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    bobbyb, do you get any sticky, or after taste with the CocaCola®? I assume you just pour it on until the meat is moist with it?

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Pulled Pork/Beef ...Dr Pepper and some hot sauce
    Briket slices.........Head Country BBQ Sauce[p]I add dry rub when I am pulling beef/pork..so it doesn't need to be added later