Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Light for Grilling

GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As the days get shorter I find myself cooking in the dark more and more. I don't have a patio light near my egg - does anyone recommend any particular type of grill light or are they all about the same? Thanks!
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    IMG_0408Small.jpg
    <p />Georgie,
    I got this one on line several years ago and love it. It is plenty bright, has a heavy base, and hooks for hanging things. If I could find another I would buy it. -RP

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,465
    Georgie,
    me too - here's my favorite two solutions although the hard hat is my favorite and that NiteBlaster is BRIGHT!
    IMG_00611.jpg

Then this light from Lowe's is good also when I don't want to look like such a dork!
    IMG_1615.jpg

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRP,[p]got that one from lowes yesterday, works pretty good and for 14 bucks, I'll leave it outside all the time and see how long it last..
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Georgie,
    Check out Brookstone under grill light.I have one and it runs off of D batteries and will attach to the handle on the dome lid.Sells for $50.00

·
    Don from NJ, I hear you about the cheap price, but I just screwed a couple fender washers on my table to serve as quick release pads for the earth magnets on that light. That way mine is easy on easy off!

Now you see it...
    IMG_1615.jpg

[p]Now you don't!
    IMG_1616.jpg

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 51
    Great advice, thanks everyone! Keep the tips coming, I'm all ears!
    ·
  • GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 51
    AZRP,
    Wow, that looks great, do you remember where you got it?

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Georgie,
    Wish I did, but as I recall it was one of those dump the excess inventory places. I've found them in several sites, but they are all sold out. -RP

·
  • Georgie,
    One of the guys on this forum has a store and I got one from him.

[ul][li]Grill Lights[/ul]
    ·
  • RRP,[p]Damn fine idea! Might have to implement that as well, i think i'm getting a cover for the table, so i would need to remove the light. I shall steal your idea sir![p]Don
    ·
  • Ron,
    Do you get good light out of this? I've been using my portable, adjustable 18V DeWalt light that came with the tools.
    f6506k200131.jpg
    The light from that is good but I don't want to knock it over in the dark.

·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    Georgie,

I like the Stanley tripod light....

207159889-L.jpg

207159887-L.jpg

·
    Flashback Bob,
    Surprising as it may be the answer is yes it is bright. It has 6 small LEDs. It's a cold almostlight blue light, but I can clearly see the color of my meat even in a 700° fire. The base can also be clamped, but I find the earth magnets have quite the grip and then that long thin neck and the ultra light head makes it very sturdy.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·