Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Ribs

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry I know this has been discussed a 1,000 times. But when I go to the archives and find a reference, it brings me back to today instead of the archived subject I click. Why will be another day. Is the best way to take them through the braising stage and freeze, then reheat and sauce the day you want to serve them?
Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Rusty Rooster,
    What I do is cook them, then vacpac em. When it's time to eat, I'll drop 'em in boiling water to reheat. The ones below will be put into a LARGE pot for frying turkeys, otherwise, cut them down to a managable size. If you want to sauce them, you could throw them on the egg or under the broiler in your oven to really cook the sauce. HTH.
    DSCI0002-6.jpg

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    Big'un,
    That's my way of doing it, too. I have frozen them complete with sauce, however, and that works very well. I just vacpac and freeze whatever leftovers I have, and they are usually sauced. I haven't found the need to re-sauce.

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    uncbbq,
    Yeah, there's probabley a bunch of ways to do it. I guess the rightest way is whatever tastes best to the person eating them.Haha.

• Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Big'un,
    I think I did not ask my question properly. I need to cook them most of the way tomorrow and then have them to serve next Wednesday. I was trying to find the instructions I had seen for "suspending" your cook.
    Thanks,
    Tom