Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy TurkeyDay and Speaking of Sides

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone. Especially Huck, I extend my condolences. Hang in there we are thinking of you during these difficult times of yours.[p]I need an idea for a vegetable side dish for tomorrow, egged or not. Things have been very busy and I have not had a chance to think about it.[p]Thanks,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RhumAndJerk,
    My responsibility is also the veggies. Gonna bring the large egg out to my sisters in WV, and cook up stir-grilled zucchini, shrooms, onions, red bell peppers, and pineapple. Also maybe some grilled pineapple skewers. I was also thinking of doing Marti Slatterback's Jalapeno Con Casserole.[p]Just what I am doing. Hopefully it jogs your brain.
    Have a fine holiday!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk,[p]Butternut squash. Just steam or boil until tender, drain, and mash it well, with butter, salt and pepper. Some people like a sprinkling of brown sugar or maple syrup on top.[p]It's easy, traditional, very popular and can be reheated in a casserole dish in the oven, microwave or in a pan on top of the stove.[p]Lee

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    RJ,[p]We will do green beans, onions and peppers in a wok quite often. Below is the link to the recipe[p]Happy T-Day,
    Puj[p]

[ul][li]Green Beans, Onions and Peppers[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerk,[p]I'm doing my traditional mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and a new side dish. I'm serving Baked Fennel with Cheese Topping. This recipe serves 4.[p]2 medium fennel bulbs
    1 cup chicken broth
    1/4 cup goronzola cheese
    2 tbs bread crumbs[p]Cut tops off fennel and trim bottom. Cut in half lengthwise. Place in a non-stick skillet cut side down. Pour chicken broth over. Simmer until fennel is tender (about 20 minutes). Remove fennel and place in a baking dish cut side up. Reduce broth left in the pan until it measures around 1/4 cup. Pour over fennel. Crumble cheese and place on cut sides of fennel. Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Bake in a 375 degree oven until cheese melts and bread crumbs are golden brown.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Michael & family & all fellow eggers: HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM THE WARD FAMILY![p]Kaye's taking care of our sides: broccoli casserole, macaroni & cheese, fresh creamed corn, butterbeans, candied yams, deviled eggs, pickled peaches, cranberry sauce, & last, but not least, southern cornbread dressing! Desserts are pumpkin pie, lemon pie, cake, & banana pudding.[p]Larry
  • RhumAndJerk,[p]Happy Thanskgiving to All! Sides are as follows;
    -Sweet Potato Fries
    -Vegetable Au Grautin
    -Roasted Autumn Veggies
    -Italian vegetable fritatta[p]Deserts;
    -Apple/Cranberry Crisp
    -Key Lime Pie
    -Chocolate Pudding Pie
    -Pumpkin Pie
    -Assorted Italian Pastries[p]Might as well eat. The football games on tap should be about as interesting as a "Designing Women" Marathon.[p]Cheers,
    Jobu